Wednesday 14 April 2010

LAB #2 Arduino & Processing at Broadway TODAY

Our friends at LAB are doing an Arduino workshop tonight at the Broadway Cinema on Broad St in Nottingham (on the Mezzanine floor) at 18:45.

I'm just downloading the Arduino software onto my laptop as I hadn't replaced it after a recent catastrophic Windows failure earlier this year. I've packed up my Arduino, found my USB A - B cable and am ready for an evening of building little Arduino drawing machines. You can find out all the details of this workshop here.

Looking forward to going to a session where I'm not the organiser. Be good to actually be able to concentrate on doing something geeky rather than worrying about everyone else. Quite a few of the members of LAB are also Hackers on Nottinghack and there's at least 14 folks going. Should be a great night. Also a first for me, though I've intended often to go there, have never actually been too the Broadway.

In other news I'm chuffed and a bit nervous that about 20 people have actually found and read some of my blog... I'd better think more carefully about what I put! As I've had no comments I have no idea at all how my ramblings have been received. I'm no Shakespeare I'm sure of that.

Planning to do some Kite Aerial Photography in the next couple of weeks. I'm going to post it as a meet-up though it doesn't matter if no-one else shows up. Well, except for a dismal attempt to launch my kite at Wollaton Park in January when I was on my own, so someone to throw the thing into the air. Will need a fairly decent wind to get the camera rig up too. It's untested in the air as yet and it maybe too heavy for light winds. The huge Cody Box kite I bought off eBay in December is supposed to have super lifting power. I'll be sure to post any resulting pictures here and on the meet-up site.

Interestingly I posted the KAP idea on Meet-up and it's currently top in the ideas section with 9 "I like this" type votes. If you interested in Kite photography and want a go keep your eye on www.meetup.com/nottinghack weather permitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment